Fiscal year 2015 was a successful year for our HCAN! Members of the organization came together at the last AGM to adopt a new Constitution, paving the way for a renewed sense of being after the initial 25 years of existence. As the newly elected Executive Committee, we set out to promote the unity within the membership and showcase our ability to have good fun together.
- In spring, we brought variety of members from varying batches under one roof and hosted a memorable gala dinner dance event, providing a great experience to all!
- In summer, we facilitated a similar set up for our annual family picnic / inter-house Cricket tournament and with limited participation from membership we pulled off an exciting event.
- We initiated an ambitious membership drive to double the count of life members to 100 and throughout the year kept at it. The Life membership is currently at 62 and with your support we can achieve the goal of 100 members at the upcoming AGM or not too long thereafter.
- We made preliminary exploration on sponsoring projects to elevate the stature of Hindu College.
- We arranged to deliver a new mobile enabled website with useful functionalities for members – rescheduled to be released at the 2016 AGM
- Last but not least, we worked hard to deliver a different yet memorable format at the 2016 AGM.
All these were accomplished not by just few individuals or the executive committee alone. With the inclusiveness of general members and through their participation in sub-committees & ambassadorship, and acting as consultants, we brought together knowledge, skill sets and experience from across all batches within the membership. Despite financial challenges and lack of participation by members in some events, we are closing the year on a high note!
Some tasks were fully accomplished, some are on the go and some are in the planning stage for future execution. In 2016 and beyond we look forward to the continuity in carrying the flame with same unity and enthusiasm that was shown by the membership as a whole in 2015.
UNITED, WE STAND……!