We like to remind you of the HCAN AGM & Alumni Gathering for 2017.
When: Sunday February 26, 2017
Time: 3:30 PM
Where: Vinchandra Restaurant (Markham Road & Painted Post Avenue)
795 Markham Road, Scarborough, ON, M1H 2Y2.
Snacks and light dinner will be served along with cash bar. We are planning for a casual bingo round along with an item or two available for auction.
Please make sure to bring your wallet in support of these efforts.
Please find the Audited Financial Statement dated December 31, 2016 for your review.
Many thanks and best wishes to all who have submitted nominations for the upcoming office.
Also we thank those who completed the RSVP and ask you to encourage your friends and batch mates to do the same via eVite http://evite.me/UHG5YjqDMq
We look forward to seeing all on Sunday!
The Executive Committee – HCAN
Annual Gala Dinner
Saturday June 25, 2016
Sheraton Parkway Hotel, Richmond Hill
More details to follow
Fiscal year 2015 was a successful year for our HCAN! Members of the organization came together at the last AGM to adopt a new Constitution, paving the way for a renewed sense of being after the initial 25 years of existence. As the newly elected Executive Committee, we set out to promote the unity within the membership and showcase our ability to have good fun together.
- In spring, we brought variety of members from varying batches under one roof and hosted a memorable gala dinner dance event, providing a great experience to all!
- In summer, we facilitated a similar set up for our annual family picnic / inter-house Cricket tournament and with limited participation from membership we pulled off an exciting event.
- We initiated an ambitious membership drive to double the count of life members to 100 and throughout the year kept at it. The Life membership is currently at 62 and with your support we can achieve the goal of 100 members at the upcoming AGM or not too long thereafter.
- We made preliminary exploration on sponsoring projects to elevate the stature of Hindu College.
- We arranged to deliver a new mobile enabled website with useful functionalities for members – rescheduled to be released at the 2016 AGM
- Last but not least, we worked hard to deliver a different yet memorable format at the 2016 AGM.
All these were accomplished not by just few individuals or the executive committee alone. With the inclusiveness of general members and through their participation in sub-committees & ambassadorship, and acting as consultants, we brought together knowledge, skill sets and experience from across all batches within the membership. Despite financial challenges and lack of participation by members in some events, we are closing the year on a high note!
Some tasks were fully accomplished, some are on the go and some are in the planning stage for future execution. In 2016 and beyond we look forward to the continuity in carrying the flame with same unity and enthusiasm that was shown by the membership as a whole in 2015.
UNITED, WE STAND……!
HCAN Annual General Meeting 2016
Please make a note of change of venue and time.
Date: Saturday February 20, 2016 (RSVP Feb 16)
Time: 4:30pm to 11pm
Address: 10 Karachi drive, Markham, Ontario L3S 0B5
1. Adaptation of minutes from the last AGM
2. Review and adaptation of proposed amendments to Constitution
3. 2015 Annual Report to members
4. Presentation of 2015 Audited Financial Report
5. Introduction of 2016 Executive Committee
6. Address by the new President and conclusion of AGM
Upon conclusion of AGM, we’ll immediately proceed to the Alumni Gathering portion of the evening with cash bar and casino type games on offer. For us to set up light dinner, kindly provide RSVP via eVite that was sent separately, by Feb 16, 2016.Come ready to participate in the AGM and party afterwards at the Alumni Gathering!Best practice: Car pool with friends with a designated driver on duty!See you all on Feb 20 @4:30pm!
The Executive Committee – HCAN